Newspapers & Magazines: Just
toss them into the recycle roll cart.
Cardboard: Flatten boxes and toss into the
cart. For large boxes,
flatten, bundle and place next to recycle
roll cart- stack no
larger than 3’ x
3’ wide. Do
not include wax-coated cardboard.
Paper (Scrap paper includes: unwanted mail, envelopes, fax paper,
greeting cards, paper egg cartons, paper tubes, and cereal boxes).
Place scrap paper into a brown paper bag and toss into the recycle
roll cart. Please
secure the material to prevent it from blowing out. Do
not include tissue paper, paper towels, or paper coated with food,
wax, foil, or plastic.
Cartons & Drink Boxes: Rinse clean, drip dry and toss into
roll cart. Do
not include the plastic straw that comes with drink boxes.
Cans (including aluminum and tin/steel food cans). Rinse clean
and toss it into the recycle roll cart (paper labels OK).
Cans: Empty the can through normal use, remove and discard
the plastic cap and toss the can into the recycle
roll cart. For
safety do not flatten the can, puncture the can, or remove
Metal: Scrap metal includes foil, bolts, hangers, and other all
metal objects. Place all metal which is smaller than 36 inches long
and less than 30 lbs into the recycle
roll cart. Do
not include metal that is contaminated with plastic, food, or other
Plastic Containers and Bottles: - Remove
and discard all
lids. All containers
must be rinsed clean, removing all food, soil, or drink residue.
Rigid plastic containers and bottles include:
- Plastic bottles and tubs 6 oz or larger - discard lids and caps
- Milk containers—do not crush or flatten - discard lids
- No Lids
- Margarine/butter tubs
- Cottage cheese/yogurt tubs
- Rigid buckets 5-gallons or less - with or without a handle OK
- Rigid plastic plant pots 4" or larger
that have come into contact with motor oil, pesticide,
Plastic bags, plastic films, zipper plastic bags, or bubble wrap
- Blister packaging—tough, clear, molded plastic packaging
- Take-out food containers or clear deli/bakery containers
- Individual-serving containers smaller than 6 oz—applesauce or pudding
- Children's plastic toys